Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Countdown to California!

"Mama, can we go to the airport, then to California, then to Disneyland? Wouldn't that be FUN?!"

This sentence leaves Bennett's mouth about 14 times a day. Needless to say he is very excited for the trip (notice he didn't mention the actual REASON for this trip to CA, the conference, hehe!). Nathan is excited, too, he has never been on a plane before. I am more nervous than excited, although I have to say once we actually GET to CA I'll be excited. Flying with a 4 year old who doesn't even like riding in elevators may test my patience, but I am hopeful. I am excited to see the doctors, hear what they all have to say at the conference, and learn their opinions of B's CT scan. I am also very interested in meeting families who are going through what we are going through with doctors, schools, teachers, surgeries, and personal struggles. And yes, we've decided to "do Disneyland", which I have to admit is a childhood dream of mine, I may cry shamelessly when I see Mickey.

Eight days left in the count-down. It has been such a crazy summer, so it seems only fitting to end it with a crazy trip! My friends in Louisiana have told me this conference is life-changing, and I have faith they are right.

1 comment:

  1. Life changing to say the least!! You will learn so much and be so thankful you went!! I wish we could be going back! Disneyland is a must and I cried when we walked in the gate! It was amazing to see Landen so excited! I'm so anxious for you guys and can't wait to hear what you find out! Please keep me posted!! You guys are in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete